Thursday, June 19, 2008

About this Internet Thing

So... the internet in Rome.

Here I am at the hotel in Rome, where I can us the internet for 1€ (these European keyboards are crazy!!! German ones are differnet from Italian ones, and they all have these crazy keys, and I can never find the @. It took me forever to find it here, and then once I found it I had to find out how to make it work. It's not one of those normal keys where you can hit shift to make the other one go - NOOO it's the THIRD one, so you have to push other keys to figure out which one makes it go.)

But anyway, I can use the internet for 1€ an hour, but I can't upload photos b/c it's not my computer. *le sigh*

So I'll briefly mention days 9 & 10. Nine was nice and relaxing, and 10 was today. Today we arrived in Rome. Well, we awoke too early (Dad and Darin), or slept just fine and awoke with a million mosquito bites (me). Then I slept in the car on the way here, and we found our hotel room to be nice and "cozy". It barely fits three beds, and I won't be able to sleep in past when Dad and Darin get up. Oh well. I'll have to find some time to nap.

We practiced using Taxis today. It was good and cheap and easy, and will end up costing us less time, money and energy than the hop on/hop off busses or the metro would. So yay!

I'm really sleepy, so it's off to bed for me because we have to be up early to go to the Vatican :-)

Love,
Carla

No comments: