Monday, June 16, 2008

Italy, Venice and Florence Day 7

Today we traveled from Venice to Florence. I did a lot today, and for this I am very proud! I love the hotel I picked for Florence - again, I have my own little room, which is nice. We all share a bathroom, which is only a problem when Darin does his daily 48 million hour routine. haha.

This sign was on the Vaporetto - the water taxi, and translated means, Please remember that this seat is reserved: (for - in order, A woman with a large abdominal tumor, a woman with an undeveloped Siamese twin, a man with unusual armpit hair, and Fred Astaire). I sat there anyways.


I took this after my tummy was full of yummy Florence homemade Gelato. Yum.

Here is daVinci, and that thing he's holding, that must be his code.

The two of us.

Galileo - my bathtub hero.
I just liked this...

Santa Croce
Dad's photos:

Our Venice Hotel :-) What a nice place. Could've used an elevator, but I won't complain about that since I had to walk everywhere else too. My wheelchair wouldn't have done us any good in Venice.


Rialto Bridge
Us in the hotel's "garage" in Florence.

This is why we got Gelato in cups... from another place.


David replica - We'll see the real thing in a couple days - and I'll be just as obnoxious as that cruise commercial. Just kidding, kind of.

San Antonio - Patron Saint of the Lost (Luggage). We thank him daily for the safe return of our luggage after that crazy 3 different airline mess it took to get us to Europe.

I saw this, it was awesome, and yep.

I'm watching hot guys without shirts play soccer. I guess the soccer was the reason Darin could pause to smile for the camera.

Look how little the Smart Car is!

Doing what I do best... and no, I didn't buy that purse. It was too many Euros to count.

Darin's Camera:

Father's Day in Venice - we went out to dinner and then had awesome Gelato :-)

Me and Daddy

Dar and Daddy

Darin took this awesome photo of the land of the lost locks. We're not sure what they are doing here, but it makes a cool photo.

I'm really excited to go to the Ufitzi tomorrow - ART! And me there seeing art! And everything about this continent makes me happy - thrilled even (except that shitty pizza we had for dinner, thanks to me and my lack of understanding what the woman said when I asked for directions in Italian. Go me. That was the same place as the bird eating the cone, and the birds also attacked us while we were eating. At least it was really cheap - and with the money we saved on food, Dar-Dar bought a nice leather Italian wallet. I am still searching for a purse. In that store I could have gotten a 900 Euro coat for 1/2 price, minus tax, and he would have thrown in a free leather coat for Dad - but we decided that 400 Euros is still too much for two leather coats - b/c that's $650. We're not looking to spend that much on anything).

Well tomorrow we will continue the hunt for a great (cheap) leather purse. And I will try to forget about the 900 Euro coat that was to DIE for. And I will try to forget about the 110 Euro dress that would be the best thing EVER. I'm going to forget about these things and buy postcards.

Will update tomorrow from the Land of Leather.

Lots of Love,
Carla

No comments: