Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Florence, Day 8

Day 8 - Tuesday.


We got up early and went to the Uffizi. Yes, I think I spelled it wrong in another post. I can fix it, or you can pretend I did. This is outside the Uffizi. We couldn't take any photos inside, so there aren't many photos from Day 8. There may be even fewer photos from day 9 (today). I'm not sure yet.

Dad and Dar outside the Uffizi
Art in our hotel:
Torture device???

My new GREEN shoes... yes, this IS my THIRD pair of new shoes in Europe. I was just so shocked they had a pair of shoes in my size, that were cute and AWESOME, and comfy AND 1/2 off, that I bought them. This was while purse hunting. Dad and Dar were NOT amused with my purse hunthing.

For some reason they were tired? They only walked around a museum for 2 hours - taking turns pushing me in the wheelchair, and Darin pushed me around outside - it's not like that was anything hard haha.
I found a purse! That I can afford!
I actually found a REAL purse I could afford... and then in this shop - this purse cost 8 euros more than the REAL purse I bought. I'm a good deal finder.

Art in Hotel:
Bacon on a board?

How I spend a lot of time. And those windows across the street - the boys live there. They are amusing.

Perseus beheading Medusa.


Il Duomo. Darin: "It's kinda busy." Doors of the Baptistry by Ghiberti. Had to study these in Art History Class.
IL DUOMO!
Festival Del Gelato! I've had Gelato there twice, plus eaten Gelato at various other places, but this was by far the best. And they have my favorite flavor: Cookies. A flavor you can't get in the states, of course. *le sigh*

Art in the hotel:
Carla wears a sombrero? And this is my new ITALIA sweatshirt. I think I actually bought it in Venice, but I don't remember.

Us outside the hotel.
Eating Gelato :-) Great way to end every Italian evening!

Today, Day 9 (Wednesday) we slept in. I slept until 10:30, and Dad and Darin brought me breakfast. I am now updating this as Dad and Darin are at the science museum. They will come back, and then we will go to the Academica. If we can take photos there, I will likely post again this evening, but it's likely that we can't take photos, so there will be no photos from today to post.

Thursday we head to ROME! There will be many photos to post there, and hopefully more free internet to use!

Love,
Carla

No comments: